The Graduate Diploma of TESOL focuses on Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages to allow teachers to work in various fields.
This course is designed to assist experienced, as well as practising teachers to develop their careers via additional education in a specialist area.
The Graduate Diploma will provide teachers with the opportunity to add TESOL to their repertoire.
TESOL will allow them to branch out to apply for various positions outside of the education system.
Possible roles could include:
- ESL Teacher in secondary and tertiary educational organisations
- Team Leader in a group of practitioners
- Practitioner or coordinator for workplace-based programs
- English Language resource developer
- Program Coordinator for ESL in a training organisation
- Educational consultant Tutor
- Policy advisor on English Language teaching
Students should expect to undertake the following number of hours of study:
- Supervised: 730 hours
- Unsupervised: 640 - 800 hours
- Volume of learning: 1370 - 1530 hours
- This is full-time study for 1 year.
To achieve a qualification of Graduate Diploma of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) the graduate must complete six units of study and be assessed as competent in all the units.
|Successful completion of a degree or equivalent|
Advanced Diploma with 3 to 5 years industry experience
|Qualification Core Units|
|GDTRES801||Research & Write in TESOL|
|GDTDES802||Design TESOL curriculum, lessons and materials|
|GDTEVA803||Develop assessment in TESOL|
|GDTPER804||Deliver and evaluate lessons|
|GDTPER805||Develop personal teaching practices in TESOL|
|GDTPER806||Plan for professional development in TESOL practice|
|1 year full-time study (Fast track options available)|
|February, April, July, October|
|Lectures, group activities, case studies and practical support session|
|Mix of written assessment, report, role play and presentation|
|Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) available|
|Domestic||Material Fee||Enrolment Fee|
|AUD x 1 year||$10,000||$500||$250|